The town of Marckolsheim first belonged to the Habsburgs, then to the bishopric of Strasbourg. In 1299, Emperor Albrecht of Habsburg granted the town the status of a city. Walls were built at the beginning of the 14th century. The city is an important centre of commercial and industrial activities, almost completely razed to the ground during the German attack of June 1940. Today rebuilt, it is a very pleasant small town with a lot of flowers. The inhabitants are called the Marckolsheimers. The coat of arms represents a wolf, which reminds either the etymology of the name of the town or the presence of this animal in this region.
- Altitude : 176m
- Restaurant on site : Drinks, Yes
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.