Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
The bright, spacious and informative Porte de Thann museum is partly housed in a medieval gate that was added to the fortified city walls in the 13th century. Today recognised as a historical monument, the museum features four rooms displaying local historical and cultural heritage.
Spacious, well-lit and very informative, the Musée de la Porte de Thann Museum partially occupies a medieval gate that was fitted into the city walls in the 13th century. The building housing it was listed as a historic monument in 1920. The purpose of the museum is to present to the public, in its four rooms, the local historic heritage (from Antiquity to the Second World War) and to hold temporary exhibitions. The History and Archaeology Society of Cernay and its Surrounding Area is currently responsible for managing and organising the activities of this municipal museum.
- Altitude : 200m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : Jusqu'à 6 ans
- Comments on prices : Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Guided tour for individuals with reservation, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Group reception
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : NHS COVID Pass mandatory