" Smell, taste and experience the history of bread! Learn about and appreciate bread in all its forms at the Maison du Pain! "
In the heart of Alsace, a stone's throw from the Humanist Library and a few minutes from the Château du Haut-Koenigsbourg, the Maison du Pain d'Alsace welcomes you to experience the history of bread in a unique place.
A museographic tour takes you on a journey of discovery of the history of bread in 5 different areas. From the first ear of wheat to the first flours, from the work of the artisan baker of yesterday to that of today, from the legends of the pretzel to the kougelhopf, come and discover bread in all its forms.
To make the story complete, the bakers of the house welcome you to the bakery to excite your senses: special breads, kougelhopfs, pretzels, aniseed bread, bredle are produced and baked on the spot. Hands-on activities for young and old are offered throughout the year.
A tea room and a terrace complete the promise of a tasty moment in Sélestat! Experience, smell and taste the history of bread in Sélestat!
- Altitude : 174m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1,1
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 6€
- Child rate : 4€
- Group rate : 4€
- Large families : 14€
- Family (2 adults + 2 children) : 14€
- Etudiant : 4€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 6
- Group (minimum number of people) : 15
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Free tasting for groups, Workshops/classes
- Amenities services : Air conditioned site, Terrasse, Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, alsacian
- Restaurant on site : Drinks, Restaurant, Food for groups, Catering for groups
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information, Open to individual clients, Online shop
- Group headcount :
- Mini : 15
- Maxi : 40