Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Discover the sophisticated Fine Arts Museum and immerse yourself in rich and harmonious works by Brueghel, Henner or Courbet. This delightful museum is housed in the elegant and charming Villa Steinbach.
Founded in 1866 by the Industrial Society of Mulhouse, operated by the City since 1958, the Musée des Beaux-Arts (Museum of Fine Arts) has undergone recent renovation. Dedicated almost exclusively to European painting, the collections span several centuries, from the late Middle Ages to the 20th century. The 19th century is especially well represented with Géricault, Isabey, Jongkind, Bouguereau and the most important collection, outside Paris, of works by Henner, together with an interesting selection of academic, Orientalist and folk paintings. The 20th century features a fine series of paintings by Léon Lehmann. Temporary exhibitions are regularly organized.
- Altitude : 241m
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 0€
- Child rate : 0€
- Price advantages :
- Group (minimum number of people) : 10
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German
- Practical services : Group reception, Local tourist information
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Commentaire "mesure covid" : Presentation of the Health Pass obligatory for over 12s (vaccination certificate (2nd dose) more than 7 days old OR PCR or antigenic test certificate less than 48 hours old OR COVID-19 recovery certificate) which can be presented in paper or digital form. Proof of identity will be requested in addition to the Health Pass.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Open to the public, NHS COVID Pass mandatory
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory