This museum is entirely dedicated to the battle waged on the day of 6 August 1870. Recorded in history as the "Battle of Reichshoffen", it was in truth the battle of Froeschwiller for the french army and the battle of Woerth for the prussian army. Found on the battlefield, the majority of the items exhibited testify to France's painful past. A diorame of more than 4,000 tin figurines captures a moment in the battle in which so many courageous combatants gave good account of themselves.
Though the documents, pictures and postcards... produced for the purposes of remembrance tourism, form an interesting part of the collection, the firearms, the bladed weapons, the uniforms, the helmets, the caps, the tools and the items necessary to the life of a soldier, form the lion's share.
- Altitude : 170m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 15
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 5,50€
- Child rate : 0€
- Group rate : 4,50€
- Etudiant : 0€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 15
- Group (minimum number of people) : 10
- Prices for children :
- Adults members of the association tôt ou t'Art : free Reduced rates: Gites de France, war orphans: 4€. Groups of adults with disabilities over 10+ 1 free companion: 27,50€. Kindergarten, elementary, middle and high school (per class) + free accompanying persons: 10€. Guided tour (upon reservation - subject to availability): 40€.
- Comments on prices : Cheque, Cash
- Comments on disabled access : Open to people with reduced mobility - Educational kit for the visually impaired
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Workshops/classes
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Bus stop, Local tourist information
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 10
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Open to the public
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Hydroalcoholic gel available