" It is behind the church of Langensoultzbach that a former chapel houses this permanent exhibition devoted to the period of Gallic independence, mythology and the time when the Northern Vosges were integrated into the Roman Empire. Let yourself be surprised! "
It is at the back of the church of Langensoultzbach that a former chapel hosts this permanent exhibition dedicated to the period of Gallic independence, mythology and the time when the Northern Vosges were integrated into the Roman Empire. Indeed, excavations carried out in the village following the discovery of Gallo-Roman remains during the construction of the church in 1844 suggest that there was at the time a temple dedicated to Mercury at this place. Numerous steles dedicated to him have been found and form the basis of this small museum where you can learn more about this period of history.
- Altitude : 204m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 8km
- Price advantages :
- Group (minimum number of people) : 10
- Reservation required : Booking necessary
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Languages spoken : French, German, alsacian
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 15