" An unforgettable visit 30 m underground along 3-km long tunnels to understand the operations of a large ouvrage of the Maginot Line, built to protect us from attacks. "
The fort at Schoenenbourg, the most important Maginot Line fortification in Alsace, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It comprises 8 blocks for 650 men. You can tour the barracks, the kitchens, the command post, the generating plant, see gun positions, retractable gun turrets, magazines for the ammunition. Documents on the history of the Maginot Line and on military life in a fort are on display.
- Altitude : 181m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 5
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 10€
- Child rate : 5€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 6
- Discounts for children : 6 to 18
- Group (minimum number of people) : 17
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Equipment required : Walking shoes, Warm clothes
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Group reception
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 40
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.