Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
The vaults of the former Hanau-Lichtenberg family's palace house a most interesting museum devoted to the Gallo-Roman past of Brocomagus-Brumath, the administrative capital of Alsace. After a short introduction to ancient times (Prehistory and Protohistory) we explore the great Gallo-Roman past of the city: fragmented sculptures, beautiful carved stelae, votive inscriptions. Several showcases are devoted to the craft industry, metalwork (bronze and iron), bone artifacts, potters' workshops&The necropoles are represented by replicas of tombs and a wealth of grave-goods. Bronze statuettes and carved stelae testify to a deep religious life.
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 0,8
- Comments on prices : Cash
- Reservation required : Yes
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French