" Hohlandsbourg is a fortified castle brimming with history! Follow your guide through this unique site and enjoy the re-enactments. Bonus: a 360° breathtaking view of the region. "
Built on a mountain summit, Hohlandsbourg Castle offers a magnificent all-round panorama over the plain of Alsace and the Vosges Mountains. In clement weather, you can even make out the spire of Strasbourg Cathedral and the Swiss Alps. This garrison stronghold built in the 13th century was the seat of the Lords of Habsburg. Measuring 100 m long and 60 m wide, this is the largest fortified castle in Alsace.
Over the past years, the castle has been completely restored. Today, it is a centre for culture, exchange and sharing with several events staged in this superb green setting from 1st Saturday of April to the 2nd Sunday of November.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 600m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 15km
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 5 years
- Fixed price package for families (minimum number of people) : 2 adults and 2 children (6/17 ans)
- Group (minimum number of people) : 20 people
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash, Luncheon vouchers, Transfer
- Comments on disabled access : Except the ramparts
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Self-guided visit with documents in French, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Meeting room
- Amenities services : Terrasse, Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Restaurant on site : Drinks, Restaurant, Food for groups, Catering for groups
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Open to individual clients
- Group headcount :
- Mini : 20