Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Retour à l'époque gallo-romaine ! Ateliers, parcours, visites insolites, spectacles et encore plus sont au programme à La Villa pour une expérience unique et inoubliable du métier d'archéologue. Menez votre propre enquête au cœur de l'immensité et de la richesse de ces vestiges.
This new learning centre welcomes individuals, groups, families and schools. Discover the archeologist’s work. Step back in time and see how life was in gallo-roman days. Permanent exhibition. A wide range of activities such as conferences, concerts, guided tours, tastings. Archeological site nearby with excavations and experimental garden.Archeological site Gurtelbach The gallo-roman town of Gurtelbach lies along a road linking the "Saulnois" (an area producing salt) with Mayence and Trèves. It dates back to the fourth century A.D. Excavations were carried out at the beginning of the last century by Ringel and in 1994 by the SRRAB (a local club of volunteers). Now you can visit the site, trace its interesting past and then visit a garden in which plants from Roman times are grown.Roman garden Burnt seeds were found during excavations at the archaeological site at Gurtelbach. Once these seeds had been identified similar varieties available today were sought and have been planted in a garden next to the site. You can see Gallo-roman cereals and herbs growing as they might have done 1600 years ago.Groups and schools: please book in advance. Individuals: permanent exhibition available all year, please check opening hours.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Nearest train station : 6 km - Oermingen
- Prices :
- Child rate : 0€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 12
- Fixed price package for families (minimum number of people) : 2 adultes et 2 à 4 enfants
- Group (minimum number of people) : à partir de 10 pax.
- Comments on prices : Cheque, Cash, Transfer
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Self-guided visit with documents in French, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for individuals with reservation, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Workshops/classes, Paid tasting for groups, Tasting courses or introductions
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, English
- Restaurant on site : Cafeteria
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information, Open to individual clients
- Effectif groupe : Maxi