Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Visit this site and discover the life of an extraordinary man, mostly known for his fight against slavery.
Fessenheim is one of the five sites in the great East of France on the “route to the abolition of slavery and human rights” which is part of the vast international project of the “Slave Route” supported by the UN (www.abolitions.org). The Victor Schœlcher museum space, his work is located in a medieval house dating from the 16th century. A visit to this place will allow you to discover the life of an extraordinary man mainly known for his fight against slavery.
From the first moments, thanks to an elaborate scenography, you will travel with Victor Schœlcher from outdoor totems to digital tactile media inside. Let yourself be guided in a circuit made up of more than 150 visuals, original works (books, manuscripts, newspapers), period objects and porcelain signed by his father Marc, originally from Fessenheim.
- Altitude : 208m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 27
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 4€
- Child rate : 2€
- Etudiant : 3€
- Prices for children :
- Tarif plein (+ 16 ans) : 4 € Tarif enfant (10 à 16 ans) et groupes scolaires et périscolaires : 2 € Tarif groupe (à partir de 10 personnes payantes) : 3 € Tarif réduit (carte Cezam, étudiants) : 3 € Pass musées, - de 10 ans : gratuit
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, English
- Practical services : Group reception
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Open to the public, NHS COVID Pass mandatory
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols