" Discover the present using a mirror to the past and learn all the secrets of Kochersberg’s rich and authentic heritage. "
The Friends of the Kochersberg House, who founded an association in 1980 to preserve the rich local heritage, refused to create a static museum, intended to make visitors reminisce and long for the past. Quite the contrary, they wanted a lively “House” which would teach how to understand the present by looking at the past. Every year the “House” organizes a ten-month exhibition which opens in December. Each exhibition has a definite topic and the objects are on loan from many collectors. The visitors can compare their ways of life with those of previous generations. In between two exhibitions, the “House” holds its “Artists' Exposition” in October and November with paintings, drawings, sculptures, inlays, ceramics, stained-glass windows etc… commented by the artists themselves. A special room is reserved for the permanent exhibition: authentic costumes from Kochersberg with variations depending on religion, status or wealth. The Association puts out a biannual magazine, available in Truchtersheim. The “Kocherschbari” are well documented thanks to their numerous authors, poets and artists who love Kochersberg.Exhibitions : The years 1940-45 (2005) -ends January 15, 2006 The measure of time (2006) February 12 - November 5
- Altitude : 183m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 19
- Prices :
- Child rate : 0€
- Price advantages :
- Group (minimum number of people) : 20
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, Alsacien
- Restaurant on site : Yes
- Practical services : Group reception
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Mesure de protections : Wearing a mask is mandatory, Hydroalcoholic gel available