" A not-to-be-missed visit in Mulhouse: an incredible collection of trains with eye-catching colours that invite you to climb aboard! Impressive machines, from steam engines to today. "
In Mulhouse, you can discover the largest and most beautiful museum in Europe dedicated to trains. You can relive the epic period from the very first locomotives in 1844 to the record-breaking high-speed TGV train. Other masterpieces are on display such as the 1844 Buddicom, the oldest locomotive you can see in Europe, the luxurious carriage of the Empress Eugenie, decorated by Viollet-Le-duc, the Pacific Chapelon 3.1192, the PRI carriage, with glass panels designed by Lalique, in which the French heads of state travelled from 1925 to 1971 and also the Bugatti presidential railcar which held the world speed record in 1937 at 196 km/h. The visit is highly educational with activities explaining the invention of the railways and how they revolutionised society, and for children, afternoon teas and activities are organised on Wednesdays in February.
- Altitude : 241m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1,3
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 14€
- Child rate : 9,50€
- Family (2 adults + 2 children) : 40€
- Etudiant : 11€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 4
- Fixed price package for families (minimum number of people) : 5
- Group (minimum number of people) : 20
- Other special offers : Pour 3 personnes de la même famille payantes, 1 entrée gratuite pour un enfant
- Prices :
- Combined ticket with Electropolis (valid for 1 month): adult: 19 € / child: 13 € (4 to 17 years old) Family offer: 40 € (4 people including 2 adults maximum) / Reduced rate: 11 € (jobseekers, disability card holders with an accompanying person, students up to 26 years old).
Passes accepted: Mulhouse City Pass, Museum Pass. Free: Press card, MMSA intermuseum card, Pro Tourisme card, Ministry of Culture card, ICOM card, Pass'Temps card, under 4 years old.
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Visit with guide tool, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Restaurant on site : Cafeteria, Drinks, Yes
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 20
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.