Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Created in 1874 and housed since 1969 in the former city hall on Place de la Réunion, the Historical Museum displays the unique history of the Republic of Mulhouse as well as the art de vivre of Alsace’s inhabitants of the past.
Founded in 1864, the Historical Museum is housed in the former townhall. It now features three topics: local archaeology, the history of Mulhouse and Sundgauvian folk art. The collections presenting the history of Mulhouse are fittingly exhibited in the parts of the townhall in which the original decors have been preserved. Middle-class interiors from different periods have been re-created thanks to an extensive collection of costumes and furniture. The folk art gallery presents the reconstitution of a Sundgauvian bedroom and kitchen together with several hand-crafted objects and sculptures. The Museum also boasts a fine collection of toys.
- Altitude : 241m
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 0€
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German
- Practical services : Group reception, Local tourist information
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 10
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Commentaire "mesure covid" : Gardez 1m de distanciation sociale. Port du masque obligatoire.
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Mask provided, Hydroalcoholic gel available