" Le Parc de la Commanderie se trouve à l’arrière de la Commanderie de l’Ordre Teutonique à Rixheim. Ce jardin à l’anglaise, ainsi depuis le début du 19ème siècle, est propice à la balade et à la flânerie. Tout proche du Musée du Papier Peint, faites y un petit détour ! "
The Commandery of the Teutonic Order, which now houses the town hall, the wallpaper museum and the Zuber company, was built mainly between 1735 and 1738. A 2 hectare park was created behind the buildings, the central part of which was probably laid out as a formal garden until the beginning of the 19th century. From that time onwards, the Zuber family, who owned the property, transformed the garden into the English-style park that can be seen today. The park reached its peak between 1830 and the end of the 19th century. The main courtyard of the commandery, planted with plane trees, is also remarkable. The park has been listed as a historic monument since 23 December 2002.
- Altitude : 235m