" Take a trip back to the First World War with a visit to this carefully preserved memorial site and walk through the trenches of this famous mountain battle of 1915. "
The Linge is one of the most important places of the battle of the Hautes-Vosges during the First World War.
Nearly 20,000 French and German soldiers were killed, wounded or missing. The well-preserved German defense system can still be seen today on the easily accessible battlefield.
The museum presents a collection of objects found on the battlefield and offers you an immersion in the life of the soldier at that time and in that place.
A 20-minute video will show you the historical context of the battle of the Linge in 1915.
You can take advantage of this opportunity to enhance your visit with a walk in the mountains and, why not, a stop at a farm inn.
- Altitude : 1000m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 25km
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 6€
- Child rate : 0€
- Group rate : 7€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 16
- Group (minimum number of people) : 10
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Cash
- Comments on disabled access : Lift in the museum
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Equipment required : Walking shoes
- Languages spoken : French, Just french
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods
- Group headcount :
- Mini : 15
- Maxi : 50