Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Immerse yourself in history with a visit to this place of memory, you will be struck by the striking aspect of this very well preserved site.
The Linge was one of the bloodiest battlefields of the First World War. From 20 July to 15 October 1915, the Germans organised their defensive here to stop the advance of the French troops towards Colmar. The battles were extremely violent and 17,000 soldiers died in the fighting. Gas shells and flamethrowers were used. The memorial has been erected in memory of this battlefield. You can find here the story, battles and everyday life of the soldiers from both sides and a number of artefacts found on the site 70 years after the battle. Weapons, personal belongings, ammunition and relics are on display. Models of the battlefield, video films and photos will make your visit even more interesting
- Altitude : 1000m
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 5€
- Child rate : 0€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 16
- Group (minimum number of people) : 10
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Equipment required : Walking shoes
- Languages spoken : French, Just french
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods
- Group headcount :
- Mini : 15
- Maxi : 50
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Commentaire "mesure covid" : L'accueil sera contingenté, l'accès au musée et à la vidéoprojection se feront à capacité réduite.
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Hydroalcoholic gel available