" Bringing together a collection of works from 1870 to the present day, the MAMCS collection seduces by its diversity. "
Designed in 1998, the Strasbourg Modern and Contemporary Art Museum is an immense glass building built on the banks of the River Ill. It houses collections of paintings, sculptures, decorative artefacts and stained-glass windows dating from impressionism to modern times. The historical section of the collection (1870 to 1960) gives a fairly complete overview of the great art movements: impressionism, post-impressionism, art 1900, fauvism, expressionism and surrealism etc. The museum is regularly enhanced with temporary exhibitions and acquisitions bearing witness to current art trends. On the 1st floor of the museum, the restaurant-cafe terrace offers a magnificent view of the river Ill and Petite France.
- Altitude : 138m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 0,5
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 7,50€
- Child rate : 0€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 18 years
- Other special offers : €3,50 (groups > 25 people, students < 25 years, senior citizens)
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Restaurant on site : Restaurant