Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Since 1907, housed in traditional and charming former homes of Strasbourg, the Alsatian Museum presents life in Alsace in the olden days.
The Alsatian Museum was founded in 1902 with the aim of underpinning the region's identity against attempts at Germanisation. Located in 3 former houses in Strasbourg, linked by a maze of stairways and connecting passages, the museum displays over 5,000 artefacts witnessing the daily life of Alsatians in the 18th and 19th centuries. Furniture, homeware, toys, traditional costumes, tools, sacred artefacts and images are on display in the 30 rooms. Reconstructions of interiors typical of different areas in Alsace and craft workshops are part of the rich collection in this atmospheric museum. The museum site has been restructured and extended into the neighbouring buildings so that visitors in wheelchairs can access all the exhibition rooms. A very pleasant visit, warm welcome, fresh presentation and renewed collections in a charming atmosphere are all good reasons to discover the revamped Alsatian Museum!
- Altitude : 138m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1,5
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 6,50€
- Child rate : 0€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 18
- Other special offers : € 3,50 groups > 25 people, students < 25 years, senior citizens
- Prices for children :
- tarif réduit (3.5€) accordé : aux groupes de 25 personnes et plus, aux titulaires d’une carte de réduction SNCF famille nombreuse, aux étudiants jusqu’à 25 ans, aux personnes de 60 ans et plus, aux visiteurs accompagnés d’un guide mandaté par l’Office du Tourisme de Strasbourg, aux titulaires d’un pass évasion aux titulaires d’une carte internationale d’étudiant, aux titulaires de la carte-clé cezam, jusqu’à 25 ans.
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Visit with guide tool, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Workshops/classes
- Languages spoken : French
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.