The Frey-Sohler estate is the story of several generations closely linked to Scherwiller and Alsace wine. The estate extends over the communal appellation "Scherwiller" and the terroir of the Rittersberg, at the foot of the majestic Ortenbourg castle, which watches over this magnificent vineyard.
The Frey-Sohler estate produces all the grape varieties of Alsace, from Sylvaner to Gewurztraminer, as well as the Appellation Communale "Scherwiller" (Riesling), the Rittersberg wines, the Grand Cru Frankstein, the Crémant d'Alsace, the Vendanges Tardives and the Sélections de Grains Nobles.
All our vats are equipped with temperature control. The grape juice is cold settled and the fermentation temperature is systematically monitored from start to finish. During bottling, the corking machine is equipped with a vacuum system, and the bottles travel on an accumulation lung, for an optimal corking and a very good ageing.
The estate is certified HVE - High Environmental Value - and adheres to the Interprofessional Charter "Accueil en Caves d'Alsace".
- Pets allowed : yes
- Type(s) de vin(s) : Alsace AOC , Alsace Grands Crus AOC, Crémant d'Alsace AOC , AOC Scherwiller, AUxerrois, Edelzwicker, Gewurtztraminer, Muscat, Pinot noir, Pinot blanc, Pinot gris, Riesling, Sylvaner, Selection of Grains Nobles , Late Harvest
- Altitude : 187m
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Cash, Transfer
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for individuals with reservation, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Free tasting for groups, free tasting, Cellar visit, Vineyard visit for groups
- Amenities services : Air conditioned site
- Languages spoken : French, German, alsacian, English
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information, Online shop
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 100