Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Are you fascinated with contemporary art? FRAC Alsace in Sélestat is sure to pique your interest. An atypical site with a stunning view of the old town and an original and stimulating visit.
Created in 1982, the Fonds Régional d'Art Contemporain - FRAC Alsace contributes to the support and development of contemporary creation. Today it has a collection of more than 1000 works of art from 1954 to the present day, representing more than 600 artists.
The FRAC Alsace organises temporary exhibitions and offers visits, workshops for children and families as well as events linked to the programme. For the past 20 years, the FRAC Alsace garden has also hosted long-term art projects.
In 2021, the Swiss artists Gerda Steiner & Jörg Lenzlinger have been invited to create a new project, Schatz & Jardin, which will end in 2031. Tours, children's and family workshops, free events, registration required.
- Altitude : 174m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1,1
- Comments on disabled access : Wheelchair accessible.
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Self-guided visit with documents in French, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for individuals with reservation, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Workshops/classes
- Amenities services : Terrasse, Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Group reception, Children's reception
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Open to the public, NHS COVID Pass mandatory
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Hydroalcoholic gel available