Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Set off to discover this 12th century fortified castle. The fortifications are mainly in caves nestled in a spectacular large rock.
Fleckenstein is an imposing Castle standing proud on a rocky outcrop 100 m long at 338 m above sea level. The Castle ruins occupy a remarkable site from which you can look down on the Valley of the River Sauer. Built in the 12th century and located in the Regional Nature Park of the Northern Vosges, Fleckenstein was an impregnable fortress. Its military objective was to control the roads linking Alsace and Lorraine and protect Haguenau. It stood its ground for 4 centuries before being destroyed in 1680 by French troops. In spite of everything, the square tower and rooms carved out of the rock remain in a good state of repair. Today, it ranks as one of the most visited ruins in Alsace with nearly 100,000 visitors every year.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 340m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 23
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 4,50€
- Child rate : 3,00€
- Group rate : 3,50€
- Groups : 2,50€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 4
- Group (minimum number of people) : 15
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Equipment required : Walking shoes
- Languages spoken : French, German, Alsacien, English
- Restaurant on site : Cafeteria, Drinks
- Practical services : Aire de pique nique, Shops /Sale of goods, Bus stop, Local tourist information
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 40
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Commentaire "mesure covid" : Le port du masque est fortement recommandé dans le château. Il est obligatoire dans l'espace billetterie, dans le café des 4 châteaux et lors de la dernière étape du Château des Défis.
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols