" Stroll through the centuries in this fortress combining old and modern. Admire the 360° panorama of the Northern Vosges Mountains. "
It was in the 13th century that the Lichtenberg family really built this Castle on a hill at an altitude of 400 m. The castle was a strategic place when Vauban decided to reinforce it in order to make it one of the key points in the Northern Vosges defence system. The Castle has a troubled history being overwhelmed by Louis XIV's troops at the time Alsace was annexed to France and bombarded by the German army in 1870. However, the ruins of the fortress are among the most beautiful in the region. The 16th-century Gothic-style chapel is particularly worth a visit. The marble mausoleum is one of the most beautiful in Renaissance Alsace. A monumental stairway leads you up to the tops of the towers. From here, you can catch a glimpse of the spire of the Strasbourg Cathedral.
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 5km
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 6
- Group (minimum number of people) : 15
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Visit with guide tool, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Meeting room
- Amenities services : Air conditioned site, Terrasse, Toilets
- Equipment required : Walking shoes
- Languages spoken : German, English
- Restaurant on site : Cafeteria, Drinks
- Practical services : Group reception, Aire de pique nique, Shops /Sale of goods, Left luggage, Espace avec clef pour charger portable / tablette, Local tourist information, Open to individual clients, Online shop
- Group headcount :
- Mini : 20