" Discover an exceptional collection of popular images, true witnesses of the events of the past. "
The Museum of Vintage Folk Images is located in a region which has been renowned for this form of art since the 18th century. Local artists used to be requested to preserve the notable moments of joy and sorrow in the lives of the inhabitants (birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage, death) with beautiful hand-painted personalized certificates. These unique family heirlooms are displayed in a renovated building of Renaissance style. The systematic collections comprise baptism certificates from the 17th to the 19th centuries, certificates of confirmation, communion, conscription, marriage and death, canivets (papercuttings) from the 17th century, paintings on or under glass. These unique images provide invaluable information for the genealogists.
- Altitude : 177m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 5
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 16 ans
- Other special offers : Classe: 15 euros
- Comments on prices : Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Visit with guide tool, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Shops /Sale of goods, Bus stop, Local tourist information
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.