Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
How are clogs made? Find out on a visit to the Clogmaker’s Museum with fun and interactive exhibits on the shoe-making process, from cutting the tree trunk to shaping the piece of wood.
Outside on the "Holtzplatz" you can see the early stages of clog making from cutting up the trunk of the tree to making the small bocks of wood ready to be carved into clogs. Staff demonstrates the manufacture of traditional handcarved as well as machinemade clogs. The musuem has a collection of historic to modern clogs from all over the world. Educational and ludic activities. Opening hours: Easter to 31st October: every day from 2pm to 6pm (exept Tuesdays). Adult: 3.50€, children: 2.50€. Groups and school classes all the year, please book before. Possibility to make the visit with "clogs".
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 280m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 10
- Price advantages :
- Group (minimum number of people) : 10
- Comments on prices : Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : German, English
- Practical services : Group reception, Children's reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information