Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
This year the medieval garden will not be accessible due to works.
The castle's medieval garden is closed between October and May.
The Haut-Koenigsbourg castle most certainly had a garden in the Middle Ages. A medieval garden was therefore created to complete the castle domain in 2001.
The garden was planted the length of the ramparts, outside the fortress, with ideal exposition to the sun. Here visitors can discover the different aspects of gardening in medieval times: the garden is composed of square planting areas, rose bushes, vegetable plots, medicinal plants, and a flower garden. Visitors can rest and talk on benches where couples met in medieval times to make the first contact….
The castle gardens change constantly over the seasons; come and see for yourself.
- Altitude : 757m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 12
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Restaurant on site : Yes, Food for groups, Food for individuals
- Practical services : Group reception
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory