Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Equipez-vous et entrez dans l'histoire de la Ligne Maginot de 1918 à 1940 à travers une mise en scène culturelle unique et audacieuse accompagnée de quelques images d'archives.
The Simserhof is one of the largest artillery “ouvrages” on the Maginot Line. It withstood the German assault for over a month in June 1940, thus protecting the smaller forts around Bitche. The troops were allowed to surrender on June 30, 1940, several days after the signature of the armistice. The visitors travel on board a train equipped with a sound system. Special effects and 3-D films along the way depict the soldiers' life during the attacks and aerial bombardment of the fort. You will enjoy this original museography. You will also discover collections of original weapons and films from the military archives.
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 6 ans
- Group (minimum number of people) : 20
- Type of visits proposed : Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Equipment required : Walking shoes, Warm clothes
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Restaurant on site : Cafeteria