Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Discover the Neunhoffen casemate of the Maginot Line of the northern Vosges. Restored to its original glory, it recreates the daily life of the soldiers of the fortress. Along the walking trail through the valley, discover various features of the Maginot line: dams, officers' quarters, a shooting range, the foundations of barracks, etc.
This Interval casemate of the Maginot Line (Vosges Fortified Sector) protected the Schwarzbach river valley with its two light machine guns ('fusils-mitrailleurs') mounted in armored cupolas ('cloches') and its twin Reibel machine guns providing supporting fire to adjacent casemates. Moreover, twelve dams along the stream could flood the valley. The casemate has been restored to its original state in order to re-create the soldiers' life in 1940 (room with twelve bunks and a wood-burning stove - well of drinking water - ventilation system - seatless latrines with detailed instructions - generating unit...) and exhibit the armament (firing chambers - tube or chute for throwing grenades - ammunition ...). Photographs of the destructions in the village on display. A walking trail takes the visitors to various Maginot Line installations along the valley : dams, officers' quarters, shooting range, foundations of barracks...
- Altitude : 224m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 13
- Price advantages :
- Group (minimum number of people) : 10
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Languages spoken : French, German
- Group headcount :
- Mini : 15
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Ouvert au public
- Mesure de protections : le prestataire déclare respecter les protocoles sanitaires, Port du masque obligatoire