Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
This one-of-a-kind museum, housed in a synagogue, will surprise you with its comprehensive approach to the history of Judaism in Alsace.
"Artefacts and places recount history better than books" - this sentence welcomes you as you arrive at the Jewish Alsatian Museum. Located in the former 19th-century synagogue of Bouxwiller, the museum is unique in its kind. It highlights the culture of Jews in Alsace and recounts their history, telling of everyday life through the ages with their Christian neighbours. Visitors follow a trail around the museum with its original, varied presentations ranging from the reconstitution of life-size scenes and miniaturised tableaux using new technology. Ceramic models, architectural models, life-size figures, dolls in period costume and video films alternate with antique artefacts, which are all the more rare as much of the Jewish heritage disappeared during the Holocaust.
- Altitude : 394m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 7
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 7€
- Child rate : 3€
- Group rate : 4,80€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : pour les - 8 ans
- Fixed price package for families (minimum number of people) : 4
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Self-guided visit with documents in French, Visit with guide tool, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Equipment required : Warm clothes
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Open to the public
- Capacité maximum temporaire : 10 pers
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Reservation required