Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Discover the arts and traditions of the Welche region, an area of Alsace where the inhabitants speak a local Gallo-Romance dialect known as Welche.
Set up in a former XVIIe century presbytory, the Museum of the Welche region displays the ways of life, the traditions and customs of this sector in which, unlike in the rest of Alsace, the inhabitants speak a Romanesque dialect called welche and follow traditions very similar to those in the Vosges Mountains. Tour guides dressed up in their local costumes will make you discover the architecture, the furniture and the trades of yesteryear. Great reconstitutions (especially a distillery, a bread oven and several bedrooms) conjure up the past.
Don't fail to contact Mr Gabriel Barlier (03 89 47 58 30) who will be only too happy to show you his grandfather's forge and his fantastic collection of automats and visit the little museum of religious art set up in an old chapel (03 89 71 90 52).
There is an inn next to the museum.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 410m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 15
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 5€
- Child rate : 2€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 6
- Group (minimum number of people) : 10
- Comments on prices : Cheque
- Type of visits proposed : Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Amenities services : Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Group reception, Children's reception
- Effectif groupe : Mini, Maxi