Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Come and discover the oldest preserved manuscripts in Alsace and a remarkable collection of precious publications in a spectacular setting designed by the architect Rudy Ricciotti.
From Thursday June 18th, it will be imperative to book your visit in advance via the booking form (online soon). The Humanist Library will offer you four slots for your visit at : 10.30 am, 1.30 pm, 3 pm and 4.30 pm from Tuesday to Sunday. The maximum duration of the visit will be 1h30.
Discover a host of Renaissance treasures in a museum in the heart of Alsace! Explore the secrets of some truly exceptional books... The Bibliothèque Humaniste takes visitors on a fascinating journey, from medieval manuscripts to rare printed works 15th and 16th century, in a magnificent architectural setting created by Rudy Ricciotti. Follow in the footsteps of illustrious humanist Beatus Rhenanus and marvel at his personal library, a treasure which features on the UNESCO Memory of the World register.
The interactive features on offer throughout the tour allow everyone to get to the heart of the books and understand the richness of Rhenish humanism. Spend an unforgettable moment in this heritage facility ideally located at the crossroads of the Alsatian tourist routes.
- Altitude : 174m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 6€
- Child rate : 4€
- Group rate : 4€
- yes : 85€
- Family (2 adults + 2 children) : 16€
- Etudiant : 4€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 6
- Discounts for children : 7-17 : 4
- Fixed price package for families (minimum number of people) : 4
- Group (minimum number of people) : 15
- Other special offers : Groups: free of charge for the accompanying person and the coach driver
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Self-guided visit with documents in French, Visit with guide tool, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for individuals, Guided tour for groups, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Workshops/classes
- Amenities services : Air conditioned site, Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, English
- Practical services : Group reception, Children's reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Left luggage, Local tourist information, Open to individual clients
- Effectif groupe :
- Mini : 2
- Maxi : 25
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Commentaire "mesure covid" : 20 people maximum over 4 time slots.
- Capacité maximum temporaire : 20 pers
- Mesure de protections : le prestataire déclare respecter les protocoles sanitaires, Port du masque obligatoire, Gel hydroalcoolique à disposition, Réservation obligatoire, Paiement sans contact fortement recommandé