Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
This defensive tower (from the early 14th century) was one of the prisons of Riquewihr. The town was the seat of the court leet when it was a part of Wurtemberg.
The 'Museum of the Thieves' is housed in the tower located in the northwest corner of the 13th century fortifications. Converted into a prison in the 15th century, it still contains a 5 meter (16.5 ft)-deep oubliette (or underground cell) and a strappado (an instrument of torture) such as they were used in the 18th century. On the upper floor, the guardroom communicates with a wine-grower's house built in 1563. The kitchen and the bedroom are furnished. The storeroom contains a wine-press and tools used in the wine-growing trade whereas the cellar seems ready to receive the wine from the next harvest. Temporary exhibitions.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 287m
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 5€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 10 years
- Discounts for children : undefined
- Special offers : undefined
- Group (minimum number of people) : undefined
- Other special offers : 5 euros for a ticket to include the Dolder Belfry
- Prices for children :
Tarif : 5 €
Billet groupé avec le Dolder : 7€
Gratuité pour les moins de 15 ans
- Comments on prices : Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit
- Languages spoken : German, English
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Open to the public, No vaccination pass required
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory