Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Return to June 1940 and experience the daily life of the soldiers in this small casemate. Feel the atmosphere of the era: firing chambers, bunks, the command post, the Sherman Hartmannswillerkopf tank and more.
Located in Marckolsheim in pillbox # 35 on the third line of defense, this Memorial commemorates the fierce fighting of June 15, 16 and 17, 1940, which resulted in over 80% destructions for the town. The rooms have been rehabilitated such as they were in 1940: firing chambers, generating unit, sleeping quarters, command post, well for drinking water etc.
They are outfitted with original weapons such as an antitank gun, machine guns, mortars, Bren guns, as well as a variety of optical equipment. Weapons and their ammunition, war memorabilia or photographs taken in 1939 and 1940 are displayed in the cabinets. Outside are exhibited various military vehicles, including a 152 mm Russian gun, a Sherman tank, a half-track, an armored car, a field kitchen, an anti-aircraft Bofors gun and part of a Bailey bridge.
- Pets allowed : yes
- Altitude : 176m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 17
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 7
- Comments on prices : Cheque, Cash
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Languages spoken : French, German
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Commentaire "mesure covid" : Limited to 10 people in the casemate
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : NHS COVID Pass mandatory
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Hydroalcoholic gel available