Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Explore a silver lead mine in the heart of the Vosges valley with a passionate person who will introduce you to its history and the technical prowess of the miners of yesteryear.
This mine is the most productive exploitation of the valley of Steinbach and one of the most important silver graphites of the South of Alsace. Exploited from the beginning of the 16th century in 1560, the mine of Saint-Nicolas is a regional importance and supplies lead the foundries of Giromagny which depend on the house of Austria. The exploitation( is stopped by the Thirty Years War and the mine is destroyed. In 1899, consequent works confirm that the vein was already completely run. The mining activity is definitively stopped in 1902.
- Duration of the visit : 2h
- Matériel nécessaire : Mosquito repellent, Walking shoes, Warm clothes
- Languages spoken : German
- Group headcount :
- Maxi : 5
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Capacité maximum temporaire : 5 pers
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Reservation required