Created in 1880 and reused in 1890 by the priest Etienne Frey, the St Martin’s circle was imagined to provide cultural activities for men, to promote physical exercises and supervise youth. In 1895, the architect François-Xavier Kreyer ends the new building of the association. With its 72 meters long, this massive building combines the neo-Romanesque style and the Gothic style.
Most of the major cultural and sporting events of the interwar years took place in the St Martin’s circle. Members of the Clergy and the City Council often met there to share ideas in this high place of the Colmar society. After the war the St Martin’s circle lost its importance.