The Bollenberg Chapel is also called Chapel of the Witches.
The presence of sarcophagi discovered near the old church attests the existence of Bergholtz since the Middle Ages. Bergholtz and Bergholtz-Zell formed a single commune until they were separated in 1827. The quarries of Bergholtz and Bergholtz-Zell provided the stone for the construction of the fortress of Neuf-Brisach via the Vauban Channel.
Level: Very easy
Start: Bergholtz Stadium
Distance: 9 km
Difference in altitude (positive gain): 120 m
Communes crossed: Bergholtz, Bergholtz-Zell, Orschwihr, Rouffach and Westhalten
- Type of hiking trail : path