Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Smell, taste and experience the history of bread! Learn about and appreciate bread in all its forms at the Maison du Pain!
The bakery and the tea room are open. Reopening of the museum from June 18th.
A real showcase for all selfemployed bakers in Alsace, the Maison du Pain is designed to make bread known and understood in all its forms, and to promote the baker's trade. Installed in the former meetingroom (Poêle in French) of the bakers' guild (1522), the Maison du Pain is primarily a museum and a bakery with a tourist and cultural vocation open to the general public and to the school groups.
The heart and soul of the Museum is a modern functional bakery. This vibrant workshop enables all visitors to see bread in the making as well as regional specialties such as Kougelhopf, pretzels and lesser known delicacies.
A museum section gives an educational and modern presentation of the history of bread and wheat in our area and throughout the world, the manufacturing techniques, artefacts, machines, bakeries, etc.
- Altitude : 174m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1,1
- Prices :
- Adult rate : 5€
- Child rate : 4€
- Group rate : 4€
- Large families : 12€
- Family (2 adults + 2 children) : 12€
- Etudiant : 4€
- Price advantages :
- Free for children (age limit) : 6
- Group (minimum number of people) : 15
- Comments on prices : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash, Transfer
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Visit with educational sheets/pack, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Services offered : Workshops/classes, Free tasting for groups, free tasting
- Amenities services : Air conditioned site, Terrasse, Toilets
- Languages spoken : French, German, Alsacien
- Restaurant on site : Drinks, Yes, Food for groups, Food for individuals
- Practical services : Group reception, Shops /Sale of goods, Local tourist information, Open to individual clients, Online shop
- Effectif groupe :
- Mini : 15
- Maxi : 40
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Commentaire "mesure covid" : The museum opens its doors on June 16th.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Ouvert au public
- Capacité maximum temporaire : 2 pers
- Mesure de protections : Gel hydroalcoolique à disposition, Paiement sans contact fortement recommandé