Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
In a perfect location for active holidays in Châtenois, this hostel has been given Gîtes de France's "one ear of corn" certification. A total of 27 people can stay in its five bedrooms, most of them have a complete bathroom (shower, WC and washbasin), otherwise it is located on the landing
The establishment is situated along Alsace's celebrated Wine Route, on a vineyard in Chatenois. The town obtained the accreditation "Wine Tourism Destination", and won three flowers in the "France in Bloom" competition.
Being located close to a "Véloroute" (a dedicated bike path over a long distance), the hostel is ideal for those coming with bicycles. Cyclists will be able to take advantage of its lock-up bicycle garage.
You'll be able to get the most out of sunny days thanks to the establishment's enclosed grounds, communal terrace and barbecue. Sports, games and leisure facilities at guests' disposal on site include a ping-pong table, a sports ground and an open-air tennis court. It offers plenty of home comforts, including a fridge, an oven and a coffee machine in the fully-fitted kitchen, while elsewhere a washing machine is also provided.
Self-catering or half board, tourist meal, snack and picnic basket are proposed.
English and German are spoken by the hostel's owners, as well as French. The nearby coach park, free car park and parking for coaches should be of interest to those planning to come by road, and Sélestat train station is 3 km away.
- Pool : no
- Spas and treatments or balneotherapy : no
- Parking : yes
- Bike garage : yes
- Restaurant on the premises : no
- Air conditioning : no
- Free Wifi : no
- Pets allowed : yes
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 3
- Location : At the edge of the forest, In the town/village centre, Piedmont (vineyards), Quiet street
- Altitude : 190m
- Prices :
- Min. half board : 34,45€
- Min. breakfast : 6€
- Min. per night : 17,45€
- Payment method : Credit card, Cheque, Holiday vouchers, Cash, Transfer
- Price advantages :
- Group (minimum number of people) : 1 free admission per 30 people
- Languages spoken : French, German, Alsacien, English
- Convenient service : Group reception, Aire de pique nique, Kitchen available, Sheets included in the rental price, Sheets for hire, Household linen for hire, Local tourist information, End of stay cleaning included, Open to individual clients, Packed lunch, Luggage transport (pedestrian) free of charge, propose des sorties accompagnées
- Interior equipment of the accommodation : Separate fitted kitchen, Microwave, Conventional oven, Coffee machine, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine, Non-smoking room, Seminar/meeting room
- Recreational equip. for kids : Playground
- Sanitary equipment :
- Number of restrooms (private) with shower : 3
- Number of restrooms (private) with shower : 2
- No. of separate toilets : 2
- No. of toilets in bathrooms : 3
- Outdoor accommodation facilities : Shared barbecue grill, Closed garden, Shared patio
- On-site leisure equipment : Table tennis table, Outdoor tennis courts
- Type/ label of associative accommodation : Accueil Jeunes Alsace, Gîte de France
- Capacity :
- number of people : 27
- Number of rooms : 5
- Self-catering cottages/furnished/bedrooms (beds) : 27
- en nombre de lits 1 personne : 3
- en nombre de lits superposés : 24
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Open to the public, Offers a take-out service
- Mesure de protections : The service provider declares to respect the sanitary protocols, Wearing a mask is mandatory, Hydroalcoholic gel available, Contactless payment highly recommended