Share your best experiences in Alsace with #visitalsace
Don't miss the oldest church of Sélestat, in the heart of the city. Meet the oldest lady of the city, waiting for you in the crypt.
Built during the second half of the twelfth century for the Benedictine monks of Conques en Rouergue abbey church, this is an important stage on the Romanesque route in Alsace. The monks settled in Sélestat in 1094 following a donation from Hildegarde de Buren, the great-grandmother of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa. Built according to the basilica plan with a short transept, its style is more similar to Lorraine and Burgundy constructions than to Rhineland Romanesque art.
- Altitude : 174m
- Distance to the nearest station (km) : 1,1
- Type of visits proposed : Free visit, Guided tour for groups with reservation
- Practical services : Group reception
Horaires et dates d'ouvertures susceptibles d'être modifiés en fonction des circonstances. Prenez vos précautions.
- Commentaire "mesure covid" : We ensure compliance with all health safety measures, in particular through the compulsory wearing of masks and physical distancing, limited to places marked with a marker.
- Ouverture et service de vente proposé : Ouvert au public
- Mesure de protections : le prestataire déclare respecter les protocoles sanitaires, Port du masque obligatoire